Imagine you read a blog post promoting a particular product. As far as you can tell, the writer is genuinely enthralled with the product. You take her word for it, and you go out and buy the product. Now imagine you find out afterward that the blogger had been paid to promote that product to you–but didn’t make that clear to you. How would you feel about that?
I don’t know about you, but I’d be pretty ticked off.
In order to prevent the possibility of misleading advertisements like that, those who give endorsements or testimonials online are required to have a disclosure policy. So here’s mine:
Disclosure Policy for Happy + Healthy Taste Buds
- This is my personal blog. I write everything posted here, unless otherwise indicated.
- I don’t write sponsored posts or make paid topic insertions at this time.
- I DO sometimes include affiliate links, which allow me to earn a commission for referring you–at no extra cost to you!
NOTE: Happy + Healthy Taste Buds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Paid or unpaid, I will only recommend things to you that I use and love. And affiliate links will be very clearly marked.
- I will never post a positive review just because I was paid for it, or because I received the product for free. The views & opinions expressed here are my own, honest, uninfluenced thoughts.
And a personal comment… 😉
And I have two more personal comments just for you:
- I would be transparent & honest with you even if it wasn’t required. (If you know me in real life, you know just how awfully honest I can be haha! On top of that, I am a terrible liar. So that’s that.)
- My whole purpose with this blog is to help you out. I would never risk losing your trust just to make a few extra cents. 😉